1. For piecing, select Woven Medium, Seam on your SEWING ADVISOR™ feature or center needle position straight stitch. Because this foot has a small opening to better form the stitches for piecing, you can use straight stitch only or the hand look quilt stitch.
2. The Clear 1/4" (6 mm) Piecing Foot with Guide has red marks on the foot. They will help you to align the fabric at the start of your sewing, at corners and at the end of your fabric.
3. To begin sewing at the edge of the fabric, place your fabric under the foot, aligning the raw edges with the guide on the foot. Sew the seam, keeping the edges aligned with the guide.
4. To begin sewing 1/4" (6 mm) from the edge of the fabric, line the fabric up with the line furthest to the back of the foot as show. To begin sewing ⅛" (3 mm) from the edge of the fabric, align the fabric with the next line forward.
5. To stop sewing ¼" (6 mm) from the end, stop sewing when the front line on the foot is even with the edge of the fabric.
6. To use the Clear 1/4" (6 mm) Piecing Foot with Guide for topstitching a finished edge, align the guide on the right of the foot with the edge of the fabric. Stitch. The Handlook Quilt Stitch can be used if desired, to give a hand stitched look. If using the Handlook Quilt Stitch follow the instructions for threading in your User’s Guide.