1. Loosen the presser foot ankle screw completely and remove the ankle. Place the Free Motion Echo Quilting foot around the presser bar; attach it with the screw.
2. Thread your machine.
3. Select a straight stitch.
4. Set your sewing machine to Free Motion Floating mode. The feed dogs will drop automatically.
Note: When the feed dogs are dropped, the fabric is no longer fed by the machine. You must move the fabric.
5. Bring the bobbin thread to the top by taking one stitch. Hold onto both threads and sew a few stitches in place to begin.
6. Maintain a consistent speed and move the fabric in a smooth motion. You are creating the length of the stitch as you move the fabric.
7. Stitch around the quilting motif, appliqué or pattern on the fabric, maintaining a uniform distance to outline the shape.
8. Stitch a second row, maintaining a uniform distance from the first row. Use the red markings on the foot as a guide to keep your spacing even.
9. Repeat as many times as you want to create the desired effect.
Note: When sewing in Free Motion Floating mode at a low speed, the presser foot
will raise and lower with each stitch to hold the fabric on the stitch plate while
the stitch is being performed. At a higher speed, the presser foot floats over the
fabric while sewing.